Position: Web Designer/Developer
Department: Marketing – Creative
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Victoria, BC
Last Updated: May 9, 2017
Closing Date: Resumes will be reviewed as received; interviews scheduled accordingly
Based in Victoria, B.C., ParetoLogic is a thriving software company that develops and globally markets Internet security and safety software. Our company enjoys a dynamic and team oriented work environment in which all ideas and innovations are welcome and each employee has the opportunity to shine. The diversity of the products and solutions we create is matched only by the people we work with.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Web Designer/Developer, under general direction, champions the web properties and UI designs for all ParetoLogic initiatives. The Web Designer/Developer is able to create visually compelling and functional sites, and uses industry standards, technology, and trends to continuously update the look and feel of our products, while maintaining corporate branding and style in line with marketing strategies.
You are an ideal candidate for this position if you have previous graphic/web design experience, a strong portfolio illustrating creative ability, and relevant software skills. We are looking for a motivated, detail-orientated self-starter who can handle multiple projects and deadlines while presenting great designs.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Web Designer/Developer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Web and web graphic design, interface design and authoring, and user experience design based on marketing and brand strategies.
- Combine design theory, marketing strategy, branding, content, navigational structure and usability issues to create a powerful and integrated website experience.
- Contribute to the design of web and software interfaces using techniques based on design theory related to creating visual flow and compelling customer experiences.
- Design interfaces that demonstrate an understanding of business goals, customer needs, and the company’s overall communication strategy.
- Move designs into reality by using extensive expert coding skills to achieve quality standardized results.
- Collaborate with team members and Project Managers to ensure designs are consistent with business goals, customer expectations, and overall project goals through timely, effective, and relevant design and communication.
- Provide a list of any expected risks and estimates on the amount of time a project will take, and deliver on target.
- Use wireframe design and prototyping to quickly create designs and allow stakeholders to determine direction at early stages of development.
- Adept in designing websites and software for use with mobile interfaces.
- Quickly turnaround high quality graphics, mockups, and other creative collateral to meet and exceed the needs the business.
- Manage video and graphics creation and their placement on web properties to maximize SEO strategies.
- Ownership of web, SEO, and UI standards documentation as well as standards in design and implementation.
- Work with senior leadership to create and maintain website and branding strategy and standards documentation, as well as standards in design and implementation.
- Stay up-to-date on industry best practices and creative trends in the marketplace and utilize this knowledge in design and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in graphic design or related field, with 2-4 years’ experience in Web production
- Microsoft Office and OS environment experience
- Web design skills – HTML, CSS, XLST
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and its application
- Experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite (or equivalent)
- WordPress Experience
- Content Management System experience
- Detailed knowledge of current web design trends, image optimization, vector based design and best practices
- Ability to translate business needs through to mockups and finalized creative collateral
- A portfolio of your design work that demonstrates creative flair (print, web design, software interfaces, online media, etc.) must be supplied
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our Online Application.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted further.